Monday, August 6, 2012

Setting 28 - 'Lost and Found'

From @ Kartik Iyer:

Imagine…if u, a sportswoman, were banned from competing in your favourite sport in your country due to a positive dope test…you will feel wasted, pathetic, unpatriotic, right? Now imagine if u went to some other country and worked fucking hard in the same sport, then u come in the Olympics and kick your 1st country’s participant’s ass in the final. One country’s loss was other country’s gain. That’s what Svetlana Podobedova did in weightlifting 3 days ago to win gold.

From @ Arjun J:
In a crowd of hundreds, she could easily spot him, stared at him while she smiled and cried at the same time, with a hesitant state of mind she approached him with a whispering "Hey!". Confused he replies, "I'm sorry, i can't really recognize you", she silently whispers "I'm sorry" and leans towards him to kiss like they used to, he takes two steps back turns around and runs away.

From @ LilFly08:

Is it possible to carry something and not realize you have it? I have found that it is! Day in and day out I looked in the mirror and all I saw was this mousy bug-eyed girl staring back at me. Today was like every other until someone bigger than me decided to pick on someone even smaller than me. I stood up not thinking how this would make me stand out. As I stand in front of the mirror now I can see the change I have found my Courage!

From @crazyandhow:

Wringing in his ears, he could hear his heart this very moment. The first drop of sweat broke in the back of his temple, he now felt the heat in his limbs from all the running. Mind raced to events that lead him to this second, he was on the verge of bursting. His hands wobbled upon reaching the place, misery and sorrow in his heart.

Missus Birkley, "Johnny your pencil box is in the lost & found cabinet."


-----x------x-----x------

A longer (really) fiction contributed by a fellow writer Avinash Verma on Lost & Found. Guys please keep the 56 to 75 words limit rule for the short fiction! 

Tick tock - tick tock - tick tock. I stare at the clock as it makes that noise. The answer sheet placed right on my desk as the teacher shouts, "Write your roll numbers. No noise, talking, peeking. No looking back".  I look across the room and my buddy Chintu showing me a 'thumb up' off his left hand. "All the best" he whispers. I nod and stare back at my question sheet. MATHS - 7 questions, every question has 2 sub question, have to solve 5. Any 5. To pass I need, its a 100 mark paper so 35. Question 1 is compulsory it has 15 sub questions, any 10, 2 mark each. So now I am left with 6 optional questions. Last few are very hard type. So left with 3 optional questions. So, well I think I'll pass. Nice. time to read the questions. "Psst" my reflex are quick to turn my head towards the noise. Its Chintu, scratching his head with 3 fingers and eyes alert towards the teacher he says "teesra ata hai" I nod my head from left to write, "Seventh" I nod again, "second" I look at the paper, read question 2, look back at him and nod. "Saale, idhar kya..." and a pumping action from his left hand. Chintu is definitely angry at this moment but he is a good friend. Its great to have friends in life. I have lot of friends. But Chintu is like my brother. He is my best friend. "Supplement, ma'm" the sweet voice from the front row calls for the teacher. Sweety Parmar, the angel. Smart, cute and beautiful. How the hell can god make her so lovely and me so lame. I don't have to be lame. I can be smart, very smart, the smartest, fittest, the best in the class. And then, Sweety Parmar will be my girlfriend. Now all I have to do is read the questions and answer to pass. Yeah just pass this time, but next time I shall study hard, practice well, and answer every question in the paper along with options. Help Chintu, ask for supplement before sweety and get the maximum marks in the class. Then teacher will praise me in class. Sweety Parmar will ask me to study with her and then she will be my girl friend. "Time's up students, quickly make sure you have written your roll number on supplement, write your number of supplement and tie them properly", yells the teacher. What the... time is up already, where the hell did I lose all the time. the paper is empty, quick quick at least I should complete question 1 before teacher reach my desk. 20 marks + grace + I'll beg for some marks to pass. "Time's up, give your paper". "Teacher please, teacher please, just 1 more, i'll fail". "You'll fail even if you write the whole paper. Give!! Stupid fellow", she snatches my empty answer sheet. "Chalta hai yaar next time", Chintu tries to console me. Its a shame. Sweety Parmar will never be my girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment