Sunday, July 15, 2012

Setting 21 - 'The first victory'

From @Sneha_Mehra:

A single mother of an autistic child, I was scared! Nevertheless, I decided to give my best to bring him up. As he grew, he couldn’t talk, hold objects or even balance himself. One morning, when he was six, I heard a voice. What was just a mumble for people was unsurpassable euphoria for me! He smiled and held my finger. It was our first victory- and I silently knew there were more to follow!

From @dbijal

Results came and I was celebrating with my besties. All of us cleared this time. Victory party destination - Goa.
Planning about future, I put wrong foot ahead in present. Unconscious, numb, unresponsive and dead. 9 months I was in coma.
Marks on my body make me revisit those days. It still send shivers through my body. Doctors call it 'miracle', I call it 'my first win over death'.

From @Samiksha_Adukia:

Kesha had been the star student.  And she was not just that. 
She was a winner since the time she did not even understand winning- it was more of a habit than a passion. 
Failure is always behind the magnifying-glass, looks bigger than it is.  It scared her-hell yes, made her work-yes, strengthened her-NO.
Not losing was the reality, winning was the illusion.
BUT…it was not late.Her ‘Realisation’- her first one.

From @Equanimous:

Wimbledon has been his dream. His game is perfect for the green lawns of SW-19. He was destined for the title. But he ran into his nemesis. The man who will haunt him for life. Lost thrice in finals and five-times to the eventual champion. Wimbledon still eludes him, the dream slipping from his hands.  Charismatic Underachiever. Andy Roddick. The pursuit continues for THE FIRST-WIN.As Mika Hakkinen said , ‘Second Best is the first loser’.

From @Vishal_vagabond:

His eyes opened for the limitless possibilities. He had something in him which could compete anywhere and with anyone. Determination. Hardwork. Resoluteness.

People had now learnt to respect him as a genius they never understood before. Once who sounded mad to a world was now path breaking leader of his time.

He remembered, it all started with a humble gester. His mentor's assuring belief in him and his first victory that followed. The tiger had taster blood.

From @quirkyrebel:

As much as some might hate Charlie Sheen, "Win here , Win there, Win Win everywhere" is epic ! Victory for me was first understood when I came 2nd place in my 2nd grade in a hand writing competition. From then on the word 'competition' became a driving force for larger victories. But today, victory is not about beating anyone but gaining fulfillment in life from everything done beyond your potential. Hence, win everywhere.

From @vidooooooo:

My new home gave me exactly what I needed - a little space to have my own garden. I was so eager to get started. Granny guided me the first time. I was thrilled.  Lovely bright blue bells I wanted to see. Nothing happened. Got infested with ants, never flowered, buds grew but withered soon. Disheartening. I stopped paying too much attention, but still loved her. Each time I looked at her, somewhere in my head I never forgot to tell her that I love her. My very first that I sowed. It gave me a very unique joy to see her grow.
I being close to two and a half decades old, found so much love in me for the little creeper. Silly it may sound, I even christened her 'Blue".
But all of a sudden one fine day, I realised she flowered. One and half year for this to happen. And the happiness that one flower on her brought me. It was the most beautiful feeling ever. My Blue's first victory.

---x---x---x----

I think @vidooooooo is cheating with more words. *winks*

2 comments:

  1. sorry, will keep it shorter next time *cross my heart*

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheating allowed for you. shush, dont tell others. *whispers*

    ReplyDelete